The Triggers module contains all logic pertaining to starting or scheduling flows within RapidPro.
A Trigger represents an intent by a user to perform an action given a set of conditions. From a user’s perspective that action can either be sending a message or starting a flow, but internally these are the same things. (simple one message flows are created for the message cases)
Triggers are activated given a particular condition, one of:
- Keyword - An incoming message starts with a particular word
- Schedule - A particular point in time has been reached (optionally with repetition)
- Missed Call - An incoming call was missed
- Catchall - A incoming message was not handled by another trigger or flow
- Follow - A Twitter user followed the Twitter Channel