This site aims to act as a landing page for all things RapidPro. It provides documentation for developers to get started on the platform, ways of connecting with others in the community and guidelines on how you can contribute to RapidPro yourself.
What is RapidPro?
RapidPro is an Open Source platform that allows anyone to build interactive messaging systems using an easy visual interface. A video is worth a thousand words and this brief video introduction will give you an idea of what is possible.
It is hard to enumerate the full set of capabilities provided by RapidPro, but at a high level it provides:
- Contact and Message management
- Visual interface to build messaging “flows”
- Ability to collect open ended, numerical, categorical, time or geographic input
- Ability to build multi step questionnaires that interlink, contain skip logic control contact group memberships
- Ability to schedule messages or flows based on time, keywords, missed or incoming calls
- Ability to build individualized time based campaigns, such as those used for maternity reminders
- Powerful analytics framework to let you quickly gain insight into your data
- Integration with Twilio, Nexmo, Kannel and many other messaging providers
- Integration with Twitter to allow for direct messaging interactions
- Integration with Twilio and Verboice allowing for IVR based flows to allow for voice prompting and either touch tone or recorded responses
- Scalable architecture, able to handle millions of messages across thousands of organizations
- Powerful API to allow integrating your own solution or building on top of the data you collect using RapidPro